Flank Steak in Mushroom Wine Sauce
(adapted from a recipe posted on Food.com by Debbie R)
Making this for a dinner party tomorrow night. I plan to pair it with a shrimp and pea risotto from: Table For Two Blog (Shrimp & Pea Risotto) which is delicious and easy to make!
The two together may be too savory to handle, but we'll see!
1.5# Beef Flank Steak
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tbspn tamari GF soy sauce
16 oz beef broth, reduced to 10-12oz
3 garlic cloves of paste
1 tbspn tomato paste
1 tbspn mustard
1 medium onion chopped
3 tbspn corn starch
2 cups sliced mushrooms
*if you aren't gluten free: instead of reducing your beef broth you could use a 10.5 oz can of condensed beef broth and add 1/4 cup of water
1. Season flank steak with salt, pepper and 1-2 cloves of garlic paste - place steak in crock pot.
2. Combine wine, soy sauce, rest of the garlic, broth, tomato paste, mustard & onion - pour over flank steak.
3. Cook on low for 7 hours.
4. Remove meat and place on platter covered with foil.
5. Put sauce & mushrooms in a pan, add cornstarch, and heat over medium/high.
6. Slice meat and serve with sauce.